Your 1st through 4th Grade 2019-20 Admissions Checklist.
The Admissions Committee considers a candidate once the file is complete, which includes the child's present school records and references, any required testing, parent and child interviews, and faculty observations.
You may schedule your tour online beginning Tuesday, September 4, 2018 using the Inquire / Schedule a Tour button below.
Please email or call the Admissions Office at 212-288-6395 or 212-288-6397 to schedule your parent interview and child visit.
To apply, students must be the following ages by Sept. 1, 2019:
- Applicants for 1st Grade must be six years old
- Applicants for 2nd Grade must be seven years old
- Applicants for 3rd Grade must by eight years old
- Applicants for 4th Grade must be nine years old.
Parent school tour
Join a parent tour of the school led by one of our outstanding faculty members. The tour is an essential part of Town's admissions process, and a great way to get to know our school better. Tours are offered Monday through Friday from 8:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., September through January.
Tours for families applying to 1st through 4th grades for the 2019-20 school year are offered on select dates beginning in October, 2018 and we will begin making tour appointments on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
Completed Application with Fee
We encourage families to make use of our online application, which will be live Tuesday, September 4, 2018. If you would prefer a paper application, feel free to ask us!
This is an opportunity for parents to have a personal interview to talk about their child and to ask any specific questions they may have about the school. We ask that you schedule your parent interview for a date after your tour.
Children are invited to spend a half-day in the classroom during the fall.
Forms and Testing
- The Town School is now using the ISEE Primary assessment (instead of the ECAA) for all candidates entering Second through Fourth grades.
- You may register your child online, or contact ISEE Operations at 800-446-0320.
- Transcript Release Form for all grades.
- 1st Grade Teacher Recommendation Form.
- 2nd through 4th Grade Head of School or Teacher Recommendation Form.
Notification and Reply Dates
The Town School follows the ISAAGNY notification and reply dates for the 2019-2020 School Year (for applications and files completed by January 8, 2019).
1st through 4th Grade notifications will be emailed not before Tuesday, February 5, 2019. Parent Reply required by noon on Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
Our application deadline has passed. We are still accepting applications on a rolling basis for Nursery 3 and Kindergarten. Please contact us for openings in other grades.