The Town School offers its teachers highly competitive salaries and benefits, a collegial and supportive work environment, and significant support for professional development. We seek teachers who view their work as a calling, who work hard and are dedicated to their students, and who expect to continue to grow as professionals.
Town Faculty/Staff benefits include (for full time employees)
- Medical and dental coverage for employees; partial subsidy towards family medical coverage with choice of plan
- Optional flex spending, 403b plans
- Pension plan
- TransitCheks, qualified parking, and computer loan program
- Long and short term disability and life insurance, plus the option for supplemental insurance at group rates
- Additional benefits such as discounted health club membership, discounted Verizon personal wireless service for employees, and complimentary lunch
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Douglas Brophy, Head of School at email@example.com.
Resumes and inquiries are welcome at any time; our main hiring season takes place in early Spring for the following school year.
Head of Upper School for 2019-20
We are currently engaged in the search for Town's next Upper School Head. The position will begin July, 2019, and the search is being led by Wickenden Associates.
Click here for the position Opportunity Statement.
Lead consultant Laura Hansen may be reached at (609) 683-1355 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Candidates should submit ASAP and no later than Wednesday, December 12, 2018, an application package including the following:
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- A current résumé.
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. (We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.)
- A statement of educational philosophy.
These materials should be transmitted via email attachment to email@example.com.
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8, 2019-20 School Year
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8
for the 2019-20 School Year
The Town School seeks an experienced middle school educator for the Math Specialist for Grades 5 - 8 position for the 2019-20 school year.
The math specialist will work in partnership with the Nursery through Lower School math specialist and will work with guidance and student support teams. The position requires a background in math as well as experience with curriculum development and an understanding of how students learn math. The specialist will oversee curriculum and work with Upper School math teachers to help implement curriculum to meet the needs to all students.
- a Master’s degree in math education/leadership
- 5 years of experience as a math teacher, specialist, or curriculum developer.
- being knowledge about math learning and instruction at the grade 5 – 8 level
- excellent communication skills with both students and teachers as well as various constituencies
- experience with TERC Investigations and Connected Math Project 3 are a plus.
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Andrea DeJesus at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Lower School 2nd Grade Co-Head Teacher – Family Leave, Spring 2019
Town seeks a 2nd Grade Co-Head Teacher to fill a family leave in the spring of this school year, 2018-19.
- Work collaboratively with co-teacher, grade-level, divisional, and school-wide colleagues for curriculum planning and student support
- Actively partner with parents and Guidance Team to closely monitor and support student progress
- Differentiate instruction to attend to the needs of individual children
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, parents, and administration
- Degree in education
- 2-3 years lead-teaching experience in an elementary setting
- Experience with TC Readers/Writers Workshop and TERC Investigations
- Experience incorporating technology in support of student learning
- Passion for teaching young children
- Interest in continued professional development
Members of under-represented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Unless otherwise noted, Applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to David A. Wood, Head of Lower School at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Town School is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion or religious practices, color, gender, including gender identity/expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, citizenship status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, status as a domestic violence or stalking victim, caregiver status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state, federal, or local laws.